BANANA CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
Cinnamon is a magical herb …it can be added very nicely to anything …and make dishes better on a special dish like a French Toast.
2 large ripe bananas ( if diabetic you can use banana which is not fully ripen )
1 cup skimmed milk or unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon roasted flaxseeds
4 eggs ( optional)
1 teaspoon butter
6 slices whole grain bread
For toppings ( optional)
- Take the bananas , milk, cinnamon, nutmeg in blender. Add eggs if desired and make a smooth paste .
- Let the paste rest for 5 minutes and add 1 teaspoon roasted flaxseeds while you preheat your pan . Add 1 teaspoon butter on the pre-heated pan.
- Lowering risk factors in pre -diabetes( Insulin resistance)
- Now dip the bread slices in the paste and place them nicely on the pan . Turn upside down until they turn evenly golden brown at least for 2- 4 minutes .
- Serve with maple syrup or peanut butter .